Flight jacket MA-1 under the microscope
Convenience, convenience, and once again convenience - this is one of the main requirements for clothing for American Air Force pilots. So what does this have to do with the Airborne Apparel MA-1 leather flight jacket? The prototype of this product is a model created for the US Air Force pilots in the middle of the last century. The interpretation of the original MA-
Convenient doesn't mean ugly.
Taking a closer look at the MA-1 leather jacket made by Airborne Apparel, the following details can be distinguished:
- this is first-class leather made of thin, but quite durable black sheepskin - a classic that never leaves the preferences of the overwhelming majority of men;
- perfectly smooth skin without flaws and roughness in visible and in the most hidden places;
- knitted elastic band and cuffs made using a technology that does not allow these elements to deform after sufficiently long-term use;
- all iron zippers, made to order by YKK;
- a sufficient number and convenience of the location of the pockets will satisfy the requirements of even the most demanding customer;
- a remarkable accent in this model is a cotton lining made in an original style. In the center of attention is drawn the Tornado fighter from the Lechfeld Tigers flight group, whose aggressive grace attracts the eye of both fans of military aircraft and the most inexperienced and far from technology person.
You can buy a flight jacket in the Vintageleder online store for yourself or as a gift to a loved one. Our priorities:
- Free shipping to any country.
- You can return or exchange goods within 30 days.
- We provide secure payment for products on the site.
- We guarantee a full refund when returning the item.
For more information on the terms of delivery and return of goods, see the corresponding section.
If you hesitate in choosing the correct size, use the "EASY ORDER" button.
- Fill out a short questionnaire.
- Be sure to indicate your measurements according to the diagram.
- We will discuss additional questions by email.
We are looking forward to your orders!
Curious for those interested
The predecessor of the MA-1 flight jacket was the B-15 bomber jacket with a natural sheepskin fur collar. The B-15 was subsequently replaced by a lighter and more functional model, MA-1, due to changes in aircraft design, speed and altitude. Another disadvantage of the B-15 bomber was a fur collar, which interfered with using a parachute by the pilot.