Pea coat “Nimitz” - what is unique?
“The sea - like life itself - is a strict teacher. The best way to get along with both is to learn everything you can, and then do everything in your power, and not worry - especially about what you cannot change.” From childhood, these words heard the future fleet admiral, commander of the Pacific US Navy during World War II, Chester Nimitz. He gave the name to the largest aircraft carrier.
The Airborne Apparel trademark has released a series of leather pea coats dedicated to this American hero.
Distinctive features of a pea jacket:
- durable leather of an English cow;
- original tanning of double dyeing creates a vintage romantic look for a brown pea jacket;
- metal buttons with an anchor emphasize the nautical theme of the jacket;
- cotton quilted lining;
- wide turn-down collar;
- there is an additional top button for insulation;
- pockets: two oblique outer and several inner.
Pea jacket at the height of fashion
The leather pea coat became popular in the 1940s during the war. The military and people of entirely peaceful professions had this as a piece of their wardrobe. This jacket gained even more popularity after the release of numerous films in which the characters sported in pea jackets. It became a symbol of heroism, resilience and loyal service to the homeland. Now you can become the owner of this handy jacket.
You can buy a pea coat in the Vintageleder online store for yourself or as a gift to a loved one. Our priorities:
- Free shipping to any country.
- You can return or exchange goods within 30 days.
- We provide secure payment for products on the site.
- We guarantee a full refund when returning the item.
For more information on the terms of delivery and return of goods, see the corresponding section.
If you hesitate in choosing the correct size, use the "easy order" button.
- Fill out a short questionnaire.
- Be sure to indicate your measurements according to the diagram.
- We will discuss additional questions by email.
Interesting facts about the “Nimitz” aircraft carrier
- The nuclear-powered aircraft carrier “Nimitz” is the first of ten ships of this class. It was built in four years and handed over to the Navy in 1975.
- The total power of the engines is 10 720 hp.
- The ship consists of 4000 rooms.
- The aircraft carrier is served by 6,000 personnel.
- This giant carries 78 different planes and helicopters.
We are looking forward to your orders!